machozi

Is this reality or are we all living in a dream...sweat blood and tears are common factors in each individuals life, Am I any different?

Friday, March 03, 2006

Confusion All Around!

Okay so I don't know what to feel now, I've got into a situation which in some ways is great and in others its pretty shit! So me and Mr trouble have been talking and he kept trying to convince me that he should come down for the night(which in my mind means only one thing) and I just wasn't ready for that kind of thing and so jus kept saying no... whats with guys these days? I really tried to maneuver him coming to my town in the day time but nah the guy always seemed to have plans, so for 2 weekends and a week I've been saying no..Now yesterday he doesn't reply my emails and when he emailed me today wit a pathetic Whats good! I dint feel the need to write back...Anyway dude calls me in the evening and we exchanged a bit of pleasantries and then goes,"we're friends aren't we ?" so I'm like yea... wit that sorted he starts telling me about this flight attendant chick he met and how he's kinda into her mix but bla bla bla and then has the nerve to ask me when I'm gonna let him come down and what I'm gonna do to him when he comes down??????....Now on one hand when I heard about this other chile I was like what the hell is he telling me this shit for and then I was kinda relieved that the pressure of him coming down was off..but then dude still has plans to come over! now I'm thoroughly confused does he want the flight attendant or me ? and what does friends in this modern day and age mean? I just don't know anymore...So i did something stupid, I mentioned to my mother that I met a West African Chap..Needless to say if text on yahoo msg could boil..hers would have evaporated! she just could not understand why I was asking for Trouble and warned me to be very careful...

Coming from East Africa we see our west cousins like the rest of the world see's them..Drug dealers, con men and all sorts of other things and we forget that we too have those kind of people in our country.How often do we read stories in the local papers about kenyan drug traffickers and can we 4get the 6 tonnes of cocaine found in our ports last year? The kenyan population cannot even come close to the Nigerian population so of course there are more stories of them doing all these illegal things and that is why it is easy to label all of them with all these stereotypes.I met a zambian guy the other day and he asked me what tribe i was and when I said Kikuyu he proclaimed that we are the ones who stole a lot of land from our people and are theives and murderers...same situation there... I'm not saying my mom is crazy for being worried coz I dont know enough about this guy and he could actually be a drug dealer or con man anyone can! but I dont want to see him as a stereotype...I want to see the person beyond the stereotype...

Meeting this guy has opened my mind, getting to know him and understanding where he's coming from has lead me to explore the west African culture and its is kinda interesting...looking back I cant believe how closed minded I was...been downloading west African tunes and they actually aint as bad as the movies....anyway however this thing with this guy goes at least I've got a new appreciation for something that I had totally dismissed!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger kipepeo said…

    ok, yeah that is confusion all round...im also wondering what this "friend" thing means in todays world!! i know the stereotype. oh and iv also listnened to some west african music too and and really is not bad at all...i agree with you, put aside where he's from and look at him for just that...him! then if he ends up being a loser, you can always say...well he was west african...hehe just kidding! hope you sort it out girl!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Stunuh Jay said…

    Bugger it all. I'm giving my 2p (again)
    1) It's always cool telling your parents' what's going on (even if one doesn't follow their advise) it beats having to say, palikuwa....
    2) Kip's right. Look at this guy like any other guy.
    But stick to your guns if you're not ready for something physical, wait, if he can't then you won't be he's road kill, cause hit and run's ain't fun.
    But keep your eyes open, he may just straighten out and fly right. (Hope floats)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger walk said…

    First time on your blog: its pretty neat.
    issues:kenayn parents are all the same i had a rwandese chick and after a while my mum began asking questions why i had been seeing this chick for the longest.Now my folk never ask but i guess my mum thought this thing is serious so one day she just came out and told me joe! rwanda is too far to take cows.(exact words in kyuk).

    As for the guy maybe he also feels the same ,you are not sending out clear signals,its typical kenyan.we fear putting all the cards on the table. as for what friendships have become this days you dont even want to ask that question

     

Post a Comment

<< Home